Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What I made for my sister on her birthday...

Today is my sister's birthday and I made her some things!

I made my sister some mitts that I thought she would enjoy as she is a singer.



They're not perfect, but they are my first stranded colourwork attempt, and I'm proud.

I also baked her some of my lemon-almond poppyseed bread, which she loves:



It's complex so I don't make it too often. It has almond extract as well as lemon zest; it's also covered with an orange juice glaze on top. It's more like a cake than bread! lol

Speaking of cake, I made her red velvet cupcakes for her cake -- everything made from scratch:



And I tried a failed attempt at hershey's kisses inside the cupcakes. Note to self, when cupcakes have cream cheese frosting and need to be refrigerated, kisses inside solidify.



Oh well... they still taste good!


TL;DR :


No comments: