Friday, March 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Cereal Cookies!!




I wanted to use up some cereal that we've had since the fall. We got them practically free after coupons. I wanted to make a s'more something using the graham, chocolate, and marshmallow cereals. So I did some googling. I did not want to do a no-bake recipe; if I'm going to indulge in cookie sweets, I want them BAKED! Following is a good recipe for whole puffy cereal: Cocoa Puffs, Cookie Crisp (does that still exist?), Captain Crunch (which is the next one I'm doing!!), etc.

1/2 cup Creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup room temp. butter
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 - 3 1/2 cups cereal of your choice.
3/4 cup semisweet or milk chocolate (whatever chocolate you have around) chocolate chips

Oven @ 325. Mix peanut butter, sugars, butter, baking soda, baking powder, egg and vanilla. Then, stir in cereal and chocolate chips.

Spoon into balls and place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Put sheets on cooling racks until sheets are cool to the touch, and gently put cookies on cooling rack.

No comments: