Saturday, March 12, 2011

Thoughts...

Watching this classic 'Kids in the Hall' sketch this evening, and re-enacting it with my partner got me thinking...



..about dominant eyes. Yes dominant eyes. When "crushing a head" I close my left eye to give ample room for my right, dominant hand to crush. Wouldn't my left-handed boyfriend be the same, given his love for using his left hand? Nope. He closes his left like me, and claims it feels more natural to do so. I'd always thought, and joked about often with him, that left-handed people were just mirror twins in which one twin got absorbed in the womb. But the fact that he has the same reactions I do wonder if some left-handed people just trained themselves to be early on. Either way, it would be fun to ask my mirror twin grandmother (left handed) and her twin (right handed) to do this experiment. Though, perhaps with a microscope instead of 'Kids in the Hall'? I'd like to see what the natural inclination is for people, which is the dominant eye?

No comments: