Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pictures from the trip...

One of the things I absolutely love, love, love about traveling is getting food or drink that I cannot get back home. Like this drink from February, either on the way to St. Louis or Chicago. This candy bar was picked up in Iowa, and it's chocolate and nuts, with a cherry center..


It looks like poo.


James got italian coloured ravioli from a very dimly-lit restaurant.




The farm in Iowa was surrounded by a massive wind farm!


We also visited a tree museum!! And no, we did not pay a dollar and a half to see them. But it included descendants from famous trees.. for example, a descendant from the apple tree that Newton sat under, a tree from the farm of Alex Haley's grandparents', where he found out about his roots.. and a tree from the small town my step-mother grew up at!


Finally, I got to indulge my love of hanging out on rooftops during sunny, warm days. <3

No comments: