Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring

A couple of days ago, I went for a walk in my dad's yard to pick flowers...



It is spring now, after all; and the tulips are taunting me, and telling me that if I don't pick them quickly to beautify my area, they'll just die in a few months, anyway.

So what better of a way to relax, and enjoy the warmth than with a new book*, and flowers in your hand-knit hat?










I had a wonderful day enjoying the blossoming joy of warmth approaching, so when I collapse in the couch inside, and feel a bug on my arm, I am not expecting...




... a tick! EWWWW!! Thanks, mother nature. I have the heebie-jeebies for infinity now.


* RANT - this book, published in the UK only is now out of print. This is a book by one of my favourite authors/bloggers, Jane Brocket. (see my sidebar) Because the book is English, and I'm in America, it's really pricey. I found a good deal ~$25 for it shipped from England.. but I waited 2 months, with the shipping date getting pushed further, and further back. Finally, I emailed them, and they said that the distributor had it on backorder and didn't know when it would come in. So they refunded me. O.. K.. I could have bought one in that time for the same price, I'm sure; they should have told me. Anyhoo, I found another one for a bit more, so I took my credit, and my partner bought the rest for me!! <3 It was well worth the money. I'm in love with all of her books, it's a certainty now. :D

No comments: